- By Alex Gaw
- November 18, 2022
A new platform from Salesforce, Patient 360 for Health innovations, aims to help lower healthcare costs for patients while delivering more efficient care for them, according to a recent Salesforce announcement. Designed to be cost-efficient and to increase productivity for healthcare and life sciences organizations, the platform addresses various areas of patient care.
Salesforce says the healthcare industry is on a costly path to post-pandemic recovery. Administrative spending alone, for instance, makes up about one-quarter of the nearly $4 trillion spent on healthcare every year in the US, exerting pressure on organizations to do more with less.
“Today’s organizations must invest in streamlined solutions that increase time-to-value, cost savings, and efficiency without compromising patient outcomes,” says LaShonda Anderson-Williams, Salesforce chief revenue officer for healthcare and life sciences. “Patient 360 for Health innovations give customers cost-saving automation, personalized intelligence, and real-time data tools to help deliver patient success now—even in the face of increasing costs and labor shortages.”
While Patient 360 for Health innovations is new, companies like Advanced Recovery Systems, bluebird bio, and John Muir Health are already using the new healthcare solution, built on the company’s 360 platform on the Salesforce health cloud, and Salesforce customers can now use the new healthcare capabilities from the Salesforce health cloud on the company’s 360 platform.
“One of the biggest challenges health systems face today is providing a unified, complete picture of the patient to the doctors, hospitals, and care facilities that serve them,” says David Hook, executive director of marketing and digital consumer experience at John Muir Health. “With Salesforce Genie for Health and other technology from across Salesforce’s Patient 360, we’re able to put the patient at the center of everything we do and provide the trusted support they expect.”
Innovation in Action
The innovations in the platform tackle various areas of patient care, including behavioral health, advanced therapy management, care coordination, clinical and non-clinical data exchange, information exchange between payers and providers, and e-commerce and subscription services.
- Behavioral health enables healthcare teams to personalize patient engagement through tools like interactive health timelines to view patient health milestones, crisis center support to access workflows, and intelligent assessment over the phone to identify risk levels.
- Advanced therapy management helps pharmaceutical companies streamline patient care by providing full visibility into the therapies being used—from referrals and appointments scheduling, to drug manufacturing and administration—connecting everyone involved in a patient’s therapy journey.
- Salesforce Genie for Healthcare integrates real-time clinical data, such as past and current medications, and non-clinical data, such as social determinants of health, to create holistic patient profiles.
- Patient care coordination lets care coordinators connect securely, via the Slack platform, with colleagues through alerts, messages, and workflows, helping to improve patient case management and outcomes.
- MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare unifies data from both clinical and non-clinical systems, including electronic health records (EHRs), lab management tools, and billing and scheduling systems. Data is securely exchanged under the HL7 v2 and FHIR R4 standards for labs, appointments, benefit verification, and prior authorization.
- Automation for Utilization Management streamlines the information exchange process between payers and providers, using purpose-built dashboards and flows to make faster decisions for the patient, helping to drive better outcomes.
- Integrated digital marketplaces are available to pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the ecosystem, enabling them to sell their products and offer subscriptions to patients.
Patient 360 for Health is one of 13 industry-specific solutions from Salesforce, such as Driver 360 for Automotive and Client 360 for Financial Services, that make use of Customer 360, the data manager and integration tool developed by the company to collect all customer data from both Salesforce and third-party apps to present a unified view of the customer.
Market Drivers and Barriers, Market Sizing and Forecasts, and Case Studies
Patient Experience Management and Patient Engagement: Best Practices, Key Market Trends, Case Studies, and Market Forecasts
Customer Data & Analytics, Customer Relationship Management, Contact Center, Personalization & Optimization, Customer Data Platforms, Customer Insights & Feedback, and Employee Experience
Market Drivers and Barriers, Key Industry Players, Market Sizing and Forecasts, and Case Studies
- By Alex Gaw November 18, 2022
A new platform from Salesforce, Patient 360 for Health innovations, aims to help lower healthcare costs for patients while delivering more efficient care for them, according to a recent Salesforce announcement. Designed to be cost-efficient and to…Read More
- By Andrew Broderick July 5, 2022
Patient experience measurement reveals dynamic tensions and differences in the motivations behind what healthcare organizations measure for and why. For some it reflects the strategic pursuit of excellence in improving processes and outcomes, while…Read More
- By Andrew Broderick April 19, 2022
Consumers have greater virtual access to care than ever before, but remain overwhelmed by the proliferation of choice and unconvinced that their healthcare experiences as consumers have improved. The market entry of non-traditional healthcare…Read More
- By Andrew Broderick April 7, 2022
Since 2008, the University of Utah Health (UTH) has listened to the voices of its patients. At that time, UTH laid down a challenge to its leadership to improve the patient experience with the call to action that medical care can only be great if…Read More